Terms & ConditionsGENERAL TERMS
The Terms and Conditions of Sale confirms and constitutes the contract between Vantechs Computers Ltd., VANTECHS hereafter, and the Buyer, governs the rights and obligations of the parties notwithstanding any prior course of dealing custom or usage of sales, course of performance, prior invoice terms and conditions, purchase orders, contracts and agreements. Please always ask a VANTECHS representative for updates on the terms and conditions not outlined on this page. VANTECHS and Buyer hereby agree to the following:
PAYMENTS & CREDITS: Buyer agrees to pay the amount due, in full, according to the terms listed on the front of this invoice. Buyer agrees to pay all shipping and handling costs involving the goods. Post-dated cheques are not an acceptable form of payment. Title of the product(s) shall remain with VANTECHS until full payment has been received.PRICES:
Prices shown on shop.vantechs.com's website do not include shipping and handling or taxes unless otherwise noted. All prices are in Canadian Dollars. The price charged for an order will be the price in effect at the time the order is made. Nonetheless, if the price drops before shipment and you notify shop.vantechs.com of the lower price before the product is shipped, in which case (and in that case only) the price charged will the lower price.PAYMENTS ACCEPTED:
If Buyer fails to fulfill its payment obligation, then VANTECHS may withhold deliveries and suspend performance, including but not limited to technical assistance, troubleshooting and returns. Buyer understands and agrees to pay (1) a $20.00 fee any time a cheque(s) is returned uncollected for any reason, (2) late charges of .05% per day (18.25 % per year) on any past due balances, and (3) any cost connected to debt collection (including collection agency or insurance costs). VANTECHS shall also be entitled to an extension of time for performance of its obligations equating the period of Buyers non-fulfillment whether or not VANTECHS elects to suspend performance.
If VANTECHS bring any legal action to enforce this agreement, VANTECHS shall be entitled to recover all reasonable costs and expenses incurred, including but not limited to reasonable attorney fees, suit fees and courts costs.
VANTECHS currently accepts cash, debit, cheque, cashiers cheque or money order as forms of payment. The pricing of all systems, major parts or special and custom orders reflect a 3% prediscount for above mentioned forms of payment. Regular pricing for parts is valid for customers who wish to pay by Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard), Travelers Cheque or Credit Cheque. The 3% prediscount does not apply to labour charges. Any account credit that has not been redeemed within 365 days of issuing will be void automatically without any notification. All deposits are non-refundable.
Delivery: It is the sole responsibility of the Buyer to examine the products upon pickup/delivery. Claims for damaged, missing, shortage, or errors must be claimed after two (2) days of pickup/delivery, otherwise the transaction is deemed to be complete. Buyer shall give VANTECHS further reasonable time to cure any mistakes.LIMITED WARRANTY
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER ORAL, WRITTEN, EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED VANTECHS MAKES NO WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PIRTICULAR PURPOSE OR OF MERCHANTABILITY VANTECHS WARRANTS LIMITED WARRANTY TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER A LIMITED WARRANTY TO COVER THE SPECIFIED SYSTEMS OR PRODUCTS SOLD BY VANTECHS. Limited warranty does not cover the following cases: (1) Damages due to abuse, mishandling, misuse, improper services, improper installation, improper packaging by the Buyer, alternation, accident, electrical current fluctuations, failure to follow operating, maintenance, environmental instructions, neglect, shipping, unusual physical or electrical stress, or modified or adjusted or repaired by persons other than VANTECHS™ authorized personnel. (2) Parts or services that were not components. (3) Tampered, damaged, or removed serial labels or warning labels. (4) Problems or errors resulting from software. (5) Failure to provide valid VANTECHS purchase invoice.
GOODS MADE BY OTHER MANUFACTURERS ARE SOLD AS IS“ All goods made by manufacturers, other than VANTECHS may carry a limited warranty as granted by their respective manufacturer. VANTECHS will offer an exchange during the first 14 days from date of sale if the product is free from physical damage and is deemed defective after being tested by VANTECHS. After this period, VANTECHS will assist Buyers in obtaining manufacturer warranty service, however, VANTECHS in no way claim responsibility for installation of these components including, but not limited to hardware configuration, software configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and compatibility between components or their warranties. Retail boxed products solely have manufacturer warranty and do not carry any warranty with VANTECHS. Computer accessories have a thirty (30) day warranty. Monitors also carry the manufacturer's warranty. In case of dead pixels, VANTECHS will not be responsible for accepting a refund/exchange of the monitor. It is up to the manufacturer to RMA the monitor with dead pixels or other problems.
SOFTWARE: VANTECHS provides free labour to load the licensed operating system that was purchased with the system before pickup at the time of purchase. Any other software reinstallation is subjected to current service charges. VANTECHS is not responsible for any loss of data or any indirect, or consequential damages or losses during loading even if VANTECHS has been advised on the possibility of such damages or losses. At any time, VANTECHS is not responsible for software errors or problems; service charges will be applied for systems that require software troubleshooting or configuration.
ONE YEAR LIMITED SYSTEM WARRANTY: VANTECHS warrants the specified system, excluding software, documentation, and similar items will be free of defects in workmanship and materials for a period of one year from the date of purchase. This warranty is available by drop-off at VanTechs or shipping with insurance to Vantechs head office; please read further for available optional warranty. During this period, at VANTECHS option, defective goods may be repaired or replaced. If VANTECHS is unable to repair or replace a defective good because it is discontinued or obsolete, then VANTECHS will credit the Buyer the value of the goods based on the current list price at the date goods were received for RMA service. Any replacement is warranted only for the remainder of the warranty period applicable to the product it replaces. This limited warranty applies only to the Buyer and is neither assignable nor transferable. All used systems/parts have a 90 Days Warranty by VANTECHS unless otherwise stated on the sales invoice of the used product.
OPTIONAL EXTENDED WARRANTY: Please ask us for the purchase of optional extended Warranty or optional On-Site Warranty. For the optional On-Site Warranty, VANTECHS shall provide replacement of the defective hardware on condition that the new hardware is purchased from VANTECHS. This labour warranty includes hardware troubleshooting, however does not apply to the following: (1) hardware installation not found on the original invoice (2) software installation, software troubleshooting, software configuration, or driver installation (3) conflicts due to components installed into system not part of the original invoice.
CCTV WARRANTY: VANTECHS warrants the CCTV systems and parts for one year. All CCTV Surveillance installations have a 3 months labour warranty. The labour warranty may be extended to a total of one year at 10% of total labour charges. This will cover installation of all parts including DVR, cameras and other surveillance related products that were installed by VANTECHS.WARRANTY SERVICE POLICIES
Warranty service is provided only to the original purchaser with original invoice and documentation. This warranty service is not transferable and does not apply to any promotions co-injunction with this service. At any time, VANTECHS is not responsible for any lost data. It is solely the Buyers responsibility to back up the data prior to service. VANTECHS technicians cannot backup any data within the system or hard-drive(s) unless otherwise specified by customer and only then at an extra charge. All warranty service will take a minimum of five (5) days with the date of the system received by VANTECHS. Immediate service is subjected to special charges as deemed by the technician in charge. All service charges, costs of shipping and insurance are non refundable.
All warranties include hardware troubleshooting, however they do not apply to the following:
- Hardware installation not found on the original invoice
- Software installation, software troubleshooting, software configuration, or driver installation
- Conflicts due to components installed into system not part of the original invoice
- Physical damage.
- Pre-Existing Conditions incurred or known to You (“Pre-Existing Conditions” refers to a condition that, within all reasonable mechanical or electrical probability, relates to the mechanical fitness of Your Product before this Policy was purchased);
- Neglect, improper use, water damage, electrical disturbances, transportation by Customers, work or modification by people other than Vantechs employees or Vantechs Authorized Representatives, or other causes beyond Vantechs's control. Improper packaging and/or transportation by You or Your representative resulting in damage to the Product while it is in transit, including improperly securing the Product during transportation;
- Improper use of electricity and power fluctuations;
- The intentional or negligent treatment of the Product in a harmful, injurious, malicious, reckless or offensive manner which results in its damage and/or failure;
- Damage from freezing or overheating;
- Normal wear and tear; change in color, texture, or finish; gradual deterioration; rust; dust; or corrosion.
- Rust, corrosion, warping, bending;
- Fire, a vehicular or homeowner's accident, an act of nature including, without limitation, floods, or any other peril originating from outside the product unless otherwise stated in the applicable Service Plan Description.
- Fortuitous events; including, but not limited to: riot, nuclear radiation, war / hostile action or radioactive contamination, environmental conditions, exposure to weather conditions or perils of nature; collapse, explosion or collision of or with another object; fire, any kind of precipitation or humidity, lightning, dirt/sand, smoke, nuclear radiation, radioactive contamination, riot, war or hostile action;
- Lack of performing the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance, operation/storage of the Product in conditions outside of the manufacturer’s specifications or instructions;
- Police action, undeclared or declared war, nuclear incident, or terrorism.
- Viruses, vandalism, loss, theft, or malicious mischief or disappearance;
- Damage to product(s) whose serial numbers are removed or altered.
- Accessories (such as headphones), and peripherals (such as a detachable / wireless keyboard or a computer mouse), or attachments that are essential to the basic function of the Product, but not provided and included by the manufacturer in the packaging and with the original sale of the Product;
- Cost of lost components not covered by the Product’s original manufacturer’s warranty, or any non-operating / non-power-driven part; including but not limited to: plastic parts or other parts such as accessory cables, batteries (except as may be otherwise stated in this Policy), connectors, cords, fuses, keypads, plastic body or molding, switches and wiring; or Coverage that would violate any U.S. economic or trade sanctions;
- Reckless, abusive, willful, or intentional conduct associated with handling and use of the product. If protective items such as covers, carrying cases or pouches, etc., were provided or made available for use with the covered product, it is expected that you will continually use these product accessories for protection against damage to the covered product. Abuse is defined as the intentional non-utilization of protective items during product use, or the treatment of the product(s) that have been purchased for use in a harmful, injurious, or offensive manner that may result in its damage. Any resultant damage from this type of treatment is NOT covered by this Agreement.
- Exposure to weather conditions or environmental conditions that are outside of manufacturer’s or Vantechs specifications,
- Exposure to hazardous (including bio-hazardous and bodily fluids) materials, improper and unauthorized equipment modifications, attachments or installation, vandalism, animal or insect damage or infestation, defective batteries, battery leakage, lack of manufacturer-specified maintenance, or improper maintenance (including the use of inappropriate cleansers).
- Damage resulting from any cause other than normal wear and, storage and operation of the product in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications and owner's manual.
- Any equipment relocated outside the country of purchase and not covered by an manufacturer’s or Vantechs Care Pack service that includes travel.
- Theft, loss, mysterious disappearance, or misplacement.
- Data loss or corruption; business interruptions.
- Fraud (including but not limited to incorrect, misleading, erroneous or incomplete disclosure of how the equipment was damaged to the Customer's adjudicator, the servicer, or Vantechs).
- Accidental or other damage to the product that is cosmetic in nature, meaning damage that does not impact operation and functioning of the computer.
- Computer monitor screen imperfections, including but not limited to 'burn-in' and missing pixels caused by normal use and operation of the product.
- Damage to hardware, software, media, data, etc., stemming from causes including but not limited to viruses, application programs, network programs, upgrades, formatting of any kind, databases, files, drivers, source code, object code or proprietary data, or any support, configuration, installation, or reinstallation of any software or data or use of damaged or defective media.
- Any and all pre-existing conditions that occurred (i.e., took place) prior to the date of purchase of the Vantechs Care Pack service.
- Product obsolescence. Maximum Use Limitations: All purchased products operated in excess of their maximum usage rate or duty cycle (as specified in the technical data sheet, operating manual, or Service Plan Description) will be serviced at our standard service rates.
Assembled systems, servers, notebooks, netbooks, branded computers, phones, TV's and tablet PC's are not eligible for refund or exchange The following rules apply to all other products sold by VANTECHS: product can be returned for refund or exchange within fourteen (14) days from the original date of purchase, subject to the following conditions: (a) Original purchase invoice is required; (b) Product returned in its original condition (i.e. new in box, sealed with all original content); (c) Package must be absolutely unopened for software, consumables (i.e. ink, media), and headsets; (d) Product must not be a special or custom order. Ask us if your order falls in this category; (e) All products delivered and/or installed at the buyers site are under the same conditions above as well as all parts will have to be uninstalled with care and returned to VANTECHS. (f) It is not the responsibility of VANTECHS or its technicians to uninstall components from systems if invoice does not show any previous installation charges. (g) A minimum 20% restocking fee will apply to any less-than-original condition product VANTECHS agrees to take back. Removal of shrink-wrap may be considered less-than-original condition. Please check with one of our Product Advisors if you are in doubt. (h) Due to the inconsistent nature of the industry, returns will be refunded or credited at the lower of current price (at the time of return) minus restocking fee or purchased price minus restocking fee (i) All returning product being shipped needs to be pre-authorized, please check our Return Merchandise Authorization section for details. Sorry, shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. (j) For in store purchases, VANTECHS will not accept any returns for items that are physically damaged once the product has left the store. Please closely examine the products for physical damages.RETURN MERCHANDISE AUTHORIZATION (RMA) PROCEDURE
If a VANTECHS product is found to be defective after five (5) days of purchase and within warranty, return the component with all the drivers, software, documentation, cables, diskettes, and packaging to VANTECHS. It will be necessary to fill out a RMA form. Be sure to give a full and detailed explanation of defect. Incomplete forms can cause delays in the processing of RMA and/or the right full denial of RMA service. VANTECHS shall reject shipments containing merchandise not originating from VANTECHS and merchandise that is out of warranty. If goods are returned without all original parts or if warranty labels have been tampered with, then VANTECHS reserves the right to return the goods back to the Buyer un-repaired. Also, clearly mark the RMA on any container shipped back for RMA service. VANTECHS shall not be responsible for any losses to shipping or delays in RMA service. Buyer agrees to pay a technician service charge of $40 per hour for RMA goods tested and found without defect. Delays from shipping are not the responsibility of VANTECHS COMPUTERS LTD.LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
VANTECHS™ total liability on any and all claims whether on contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), infringement of proprietary rights, or intellectual properties (patent, trade mark, copy right, trade secret), or arising out of connected with, or resulting from the performance or non-performance of any agreement resulting here from or from the manufacturer, sale, delivery, resale, repair, replacement or use of any good, or the furnishing of any good, or furnishing of any service shall not exceed the purchase price of the good or service that give rise to the claim. VANTECHS is not liable for any indirect, special, exemplary, punitive, consequential, incidental, indirect damages, loss of profits, loss anticipated profits, goodwill, business opportunities, or harm to reputation, revenue, economic loss, loss of data, loss of use of the product of any associative equipment, cost of capital, cost of substitute or replacement equipment, facilities or services, downtime, spent time, the claims of their parties, injury to property, including but not limited to breach of warranty, breach of contract, tort, negligence, or strict liability and even VANTECHS has been advised of the possibility of such losses or damages regardless of the nature of claim.MODIFICATIONS
This contract is the complete understanding of the parties and supersedes all prior agreements relating to this sale. This contract cannot be charged, modified, amended, waived, cancelled, or discharged in whole or in part unless so done in writing and signed by both parties. VANTECHS delay or failure to enforce any of its rights here under shall not constitute a waiver.FORCE MAJEURE
In the event that VANTECHS™ performance is prevented or delayed by strikes, riots, lockouts, war, embargoes, or exceptional impediments to transportation, earthquakes, apocalypse, fire, action by federal, provincial, or local government or authority, action by foreign, acts of God, reduction of sources, or supply, or any cause of circumstance, not limited to the above, which is beyond VANTECHS reasonable control, VANTECHS shall not be held liable for the consequences thereof and the obligation to make delivery shall be suspended while the causes are in effect until the resumption of work after termination of the causes. The foregoing shall apply even though one or more of the causes exist at the time of the order or occurrence after VANTECHS™ performance of its obligation is delayed for other causes.LAW AND JURISDICTION
This agreement shall be constitute and governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia and Canada. If any provision of this agreement is invalid, all valid parts that are severable from the invalid part remain in effect. Buyer here by irrevocable submits to the jurisdiction of any courts of competent jurisdiction within the province of British Columbia and Canada. Buyer agrees to the venue of set courts and nay dispute or legal action arising. From this agreement shall solely be entertained in such courts. Buyer further agrees to (1) service of process by certified or registered mail or personal service or by any manner permitted by the laws of the province of British Columbia and Canada (2) irrevocably waive the defence of inconvenient forum; and (3) irrevocably waive trial by jury.GDPR COMPLIANCE STATEMENT
Vantechs Computers respects and complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Some of the key ways we comply with these regulations are:Consent
We explain what you’re consenting to clearly and without ‘legalese’, and ask that you explicitly consent to contact from us.Breach Notification
In the event of a breach we will notify affected users within 72 hours of first having become aware of the breach.Right to Access
Users can request confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed, where and for what purpose. Further, we shall provide a copy of the personal data, free of charge, in an electronic format.Right to be Forgotten
Once we have compared your (the subjects') rights to "the public interest in the availability of the data", we may delete your personal data where you have requested this.Data Portability
We allow you to receive the personal data concerning you, which we will provide in a 'commonly used and machine readable format' and you have the right to transmit that data to another ‘controller’.Privacy by Design
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures, in an effective way, in order to meet the requirements of this Regulation and protect the rights of data subjects'. We hold and process only the data absolutely necessary for the completion of our duties (data minimization), as well as limiting the access to personal data to those needing to act out the processing.